Guardrail end sections refers to a special treatment made by the guardrail at the starting or ending point. Such as fishtail end, bridge end plate, buffer end, bull nose end, round end sections. (the end structure arranged at the beginning or end of the standard section of the guardrail).
Guardrail end sections refers to a special treatment made by the guardrail at the starting or ending point (the end structure arranged at the beginning or end of the standard section of the guardrail). Road side guardrail basically depends on embankment fill height, road slope and road side dangerous degree to decide whether to set, accordingly, general road side guardrail is not successive set, every set a section of guardrail has a start and end to need to set guardrail end.
The key point of terminal end disposal is at the starting point, that is, the upstream of the guardrail section or the car facing surface, such as the car facing surface set at the pier of the upper bridge and set at the end of the median guardrail barrier with the end section of the guardrail. Vehicles hit the guardrail end of special treatment, due to the collision Angle is large (basically the equivalent of head-on collision), the guiding role of the vehicle was not significant, buffer time is short, high acceleration, as a result, cars and guardrail end the severity of the crash is far greater than cars and roadside scratches caused by the severity of the accident.In addition, the end of the guardrail can impale the vehicle or cause it to capsize.
For the above reasons, guardrail terminal should be designed with the following unique performance:
1. The out-of-control vehicle has a good energy absorption effect in frontal collision
2. The terminal guardrail will not penetrate the passenger compartment and endanger the safety of passengers
3. The end board shall have good guiding performance so that the out-of-control vehicle will not stop suddenly at the end due to obstruction
4. The end structure of guardrail is firmly connected with good integrity
Main types of guardrail ends:
1. Fishtail end section
2. R160 round end section
3. ground anchor end section
4. Buffer end section (for median guardrail)